The 6 Beauty Products You NEED This Summer
Summer is right around the corner which means it's time to make sure our beauty routines are updated for the new season! While summer is my favorite time of the year, it can be a little more difficult than other seasons when it comes to a beauty routine — hot weather means you won't want to wear too much makeup, a lot of sun can lead to dehydrated skin and spending time splashing around in the pool can be damaging to your hair. That's why it's super important to have a specific set of beauty products that work for you in the warmer months! Today, I'm sharing my 6 products that are essential to my summer beauty routine and I hope you love them as much as I do!
6 Summer Beauty Essentials
1. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment A good lip moisturizer is an absolute necessity no matter what season it is, but I always find myself needing it even more than usual in the summertime! This Fresh lip treatment is so hydrating and plumping, and works as either a standalone treatment or a primer before adding some lipstick. I also just love that the cap twists off, rather than pulling off, ensuring that it won't open up and get ruined when it's stashed in my purse! (Am I the only one who has experienced this unfortunate situation before?)
2. Ouai Haircare Wave Spray Taking a break from hot hair tools in the summer is always a good idea, and this wave spray makes it possible! Typically I worry about my hair looking flat or dull if I don't straighten/curl it, but this spray gives my hair the natural body and wave it needs without applying any heat. I've applied it to both damp hair after washing and dry hair, and either way works great!
3. Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector If you're in search of a natural, dewy-looking glow then Becca has got you covered. I love this highlighter so much because it doesn't look caked on or too shiny like some powder highlights. This will give you a perfectly natural glow and is so lightweight that you'll forget you're even wearing it!
4. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask A hydrating cream is essential to your beauty routine, but an overnight mask can be even better! I fell in love with this Origins overnight mask a few months ago and haven't stopped using it since. The formula is intensely hydrating from the moment you put it on and you'll totally love waking up with plump, moisturized skin in the morning.
5. Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle I spent a few months trying to find a good detangle spray after I got highlights, since I noticed that my hair had a lot more knots than normal. I then received a sample-size of this spray in a Birchbox and have since bought three full-size bottles... it's just that good. A great detangle spray is a must-have in the summer when our hair can be more damaged and fragile from the sun and chlorine, and I promise that this one will not let you down! The 100% vegan spray works like a charm to smooth and moisturize, protect against UV rays and heat, add shine and preserve color.
6. Sephora MicroSmooth Baked Foundation Powder Sephora foundation powder has been my go-to since I was in high school.... which means I've been using it for about 5-6 years! I've never come across another powder that has such good coverage while still feeling lightweight and natural, so I will be purchasing this Sephora powder until the end of time. The formula is very breathable and can be applied in layers depending on how much coverage you want.
What are your must-have beauty products for the summertime? Let me know in the comments below so I can try them out myself!