15 Inspiring Books & Podcasts
Something you may or may not know about me: I'm a HUGE bookworm. For real, I buy more books than I can even keep up with and my favorite kinds of books are the ones that are full of knowledge, tips and tricks and leave me feeling unbelievably motivated. Motivated to do what, you ask? Well, honestly, anything! Whether it's a book that makes me want to take up a new hobby or put more effort into my health and wellness or just lead a happier lifestyle, inspiring (dare I say "self-help") books are my jam!
And lately, I've found another method of getting my daily dose of inspiration: podcasts! I've found that podcasts are the perfect thing to listen to on your commute into work in the morning, or while cleaning up your room — they are WAY better than music and you can listen while doing pretty much anything. That's why I'm SO excited to share my 15 favorite inspiring books and podcasts with you today! I hope you love them as much as I do!
10 Inspiring Podcasts:
1. Pursuit with Purpose — This brand new podcast, hosted by online business guru Melyssa Griffin, is all about bringing joy and meaning into your life. The incredibly inspiring episodes cover everything from discovering your "unfair advantage" to the three important factors for a great life, and even a lil bit on uprooting your whole life in order to create the life you really want. Griffin has had some great guests on this podcast so far and each episode will leave you feeling inspired in a different way.
2. Becoming Fearless Style Collective Podcast — Annie Spano, founder of Style Collective, states that her mission is to inspire and empower women all over the world... and she has done just that. The episodes in her fabulous and motivating podcast include finding your "true north", creating a positive work culture and the illusion of overnight success. This one is perfect for any post-grad; whether you're looking to become an entrepreneur or hustle in the corporate world, you're sure to find motivation in this podcast.
3. The Laptop Lifestyle — Geared towards virtual entrepreneurs, millennials on the go and adventure seekers with big dreams, this podcast will help educate and challenge you to live the life you've always wanted. Topics include building a legacy through a strong community, thinking outside of the box and choosing a healthy and positive mindset. This podcast has some amazing guests and covers topics that seriously appeal to us post-grads!
4. The Bold Life Movement — This is one that I've just recently started listening to but I'm loving it already because of how diverse the topics are. The description of this awesome podcast even states, "whether your goal is to build a business and travel the world, or cultivate better relationships, and a healthier lifestyle, The Bold Life Movement has you covered." For real, it's perfect for any type of inspiration you might need!
5. Almost 30 — This real, raw and unreserved podcast will make you feel like you're having a convo with your two BFF's! Hosted by Krista Williams and Lindsey Simcik, this one covers everything from the do's and don'ts of healthy eating, to finding your identity, to how every woman can rock her career. This is one podcast that should be on every post-grad girls radar for serious motivation!
6. The Chasing Joy Podcast — Another one that I've recently fallen in love with, the Chasing Joy podcast covers wellness topics that inspire energy and joy. The recent topics in this one include healing yourself inside and out, following your intuition as an entrepreneur and how to lead a healthyish life. Sounds like the perfect combination of real, yet inspiring, content to me!
7. Fit Fierce and Fabulous Podcast — Certified Personal Trainer Courtney Bently is FULL of motivation in her podcast, and brings on some wonderful guests who are all overflowing with tips and tricks. Some of her recent topics include finding your happiness and owning your worth, gut health and hormonal balance, finding the fuel in fear and dealing with anxiety. If you're looking for health and wellness inspiration, then this podcast has got ya covered!
8. Good Life Project — I love this podcast because it has guests ranging from 'iconic world-shakers to everyday guests' so you're guaranteed to find episodes that are not only super moving and inspiring, but also relatable. Some recent episodes in this one include your work environment, how to just be kind, and cultivating resilience and emotional agility.
9. From the Heart: Conversations with Yoga Girl — This is the perfect podcast to listen to on your commute into work! While it's incredibly inspiring, it's almost calming in a sense because it covers topics like mindfulness and joy and finding balance. Rachel Brathen's recent episodes include forming mindful relationships, following your passion, and using hardships to fuel your fire.
10. Elise Gets Crafty — I've been listening to this one for about a year now and it is so so good. Perfect for creatives who want to take their skills or small business to the next level, this podcast has wonderful guests and covers topics that'll inspire your next steps. Elise's recent episodes include using Instagram, having a side hustle, working as an artist and turning a dream into a reality.
5 Inspiring Books:
1. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert — Whether you consider yourself a creative or not, this one will certainly leave you feeling inspired. Gilbert shows us how to lead a creative life, nurture inspiration and find our unique attributes that can contribute to our creativity.
2. Year of YES by Shonda Rhimes — The creator of Grey's Anatomy has some advice that we all need to take: saying yes to EvErYtHiNg! Whether it's grabbing a drink with friends, picking up a little extra work, or buying that fancy dress, saying 'yes' to what makes us feel good is important, and Rhimes has all the advice to help you get there.
3. Leave Your Mark by Aliza Licht — No matter what stage of life or industry you're in, this is a must-read for any career-driven woman. This book is overflowing with tips and advice from PR guru Aliza Licht, and will certainly help any post-grad or collegiate on a job or internship hunt!
4. Pretty Happy by Kate Hudson — Full of everything from nutrition tips to beauty advice, Hudson shares her wisdom and tips throughout this whole book! She's a wealth of knowledge when it comes to health, and this one reads like a fun, easy conversation with your friend!
5. Thrive by Arianna Huffington — Written by one of the world's most influential women, Thrive talks about her personal struggles and how those helped her redefine success. She shares her insight into the "third metric" for defining success, and it's something that all of us need to hear!
What are some of your favorite podcasts and books?! Let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to check them out!