10 Ways to Improve Your Morning Routine & A Morning Playlist
Over the past few years, I've really turned into such a morning person. I know, you're rolling your eyes at me right now, but mornings are for real the best time of day and not many people take advantage of it. I love waking up before the rest of the world and starting my day off on the right foot, so today I'm sharing ten ways to improve your morning routine AND a morning playlist that'll both relax and inspire you!
These tips will help you start your day strong and make it a little bit easier to get outta bed in the morning without hitting that snooze button. Who knows, you might even be as excited for the early hours as I am someday!
10 Ways to Improve Your Morning Routine:
1. Start with water. Am I the only one who wakes up feeling like Spongebob in that one episode where he's begging for water?? I hate the feeling of waking up dehydrated, so I always keep a bottle of water on my nightstand for the morning. And when I wake up, I make sure to take a few big gulps of water before doing anything else. There's nothing better than hydrating after a good night's sleep!
2. Make your bed. I'll admit that I'm occasionally guilty of skipping this step, but even my boyfriend is a firm believer in this tip! If you start your day off by accomplishing a task (even one as small as making your bed) then you're setting yourself up for a productive and successful day. Taking that extra few minutes to make your bed will not only make your room look nicer, but it'll also make you feel better and ready to tackle the day!
3. Ignore social media. If you didn't catch my recent post about the benefits of a social media detox, then GIRL you have to check it out! After a week-long social media detox, I've been staying off of it in the mornings and I've never felt so productive! I love having that time to myself to get things done and do the stuff that's important to me, without having to worry about checking in on every social media platform first.
4. Make time for something you love. If you start your day off with something you enjoy, then you're bound to have a brighter and happier day! I love writing and reading so starting my day off with a good book or spending a few minutes journaling is always perfect to me. Make it your goal to wake up a half hour earlier tomorrow and spend that extra 30 minutes doing something you love!
5. Stretch it out! If you sit at a desk all day like I do, your muscles are bound to get tight. Combat that from the beginning of the day by taking some time to stretch in the mornings! Move every part of your body from your wrists and arms, to your back and neck, to your legs and feet. It doesn't have to be anything major, but you're going to be pleasantly surprised with how flexible and limber you start to feel after just a few weeks.
6. Exercise. Another one that I'm guilty of not doing every morning but I'm working on it! We all know how much better we feel when we start our day off with exercise; it makes us happier, more productive and more energized throughout the day. So try let's try our best to get outta bed just a lil bit earlier to make some time for exercise!
7. Play some great music. And if you're struggling with the perfect morning playlist, keep on scrollin'! I'm sharing 30 of my favorite songs to start my morning to — it's a mix of old and new songs that just make me feel good in the A.M.
8. Write out a to-do list. I love doing this first thing in the morning or right when I get into work, because it helps me prioritize my tasks for the day and see how busy of a day I'm expecting to have. I'm the kind of person who likes to planplanplan, so writing to-do lists is a given for me!
9. Sit down for breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day, after all! You can even look at Pinterest the night before for some breakfast inspiration and then you'll be excited to wake up in the morning and have that delicious meal!
10. If you want to wake up earlier, figure out your method. You can either set your alarm an hour earlier right off the bat, or push it back in 10 minute increments each week. Take some time to think about if you'd rather dive right in or ease into an earlier routine, and then go for it! And trust me when I say it's a lot easier than ya think!
Relaxing & Inspiring Morning Playlist:
I love starting my days off with a playlist that's both relaxing (necessary during the crazy commute into work) and inspiring. I'm always adding new songs to my playlists, but these are the ones that I'm totally love right now! I hope these songs make your mornings as cheerful and enjoyable as they've made mine lately!
What are your best tips for improving your morning routine? Let me know in the comments below!
Love this post? Be sure to share it on Pinterest so you can come back to it in the future!